APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival 2017
Old Mill Park, Throckmorton Ave. & Cascade Drive
Mill Valley, California (West)
Phone: (415) 381-8090
Event Dates: 9/16/17 - 9/17/17
Application Deadline: 4/15/17 Midnight PST
16 day(s) and 10 hour(s) remaining
Images: 5 (a booth shot is NOT required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $35.00
You can submit up to 5 applications for this show.
Celebrating its 61st year, this venerated art festival held in a redwood grove in downtown Mill Valley, showcases the work of 130 fine art and fine craft artists. Only original artist-made work is acceptable. The show has 61 years of experience and remains dedicated to producing a unique, high end show for both artists and patrons alike. The Golden Gate Bridge connects Marin County to San Francisco and the show draws visitors from both of these affluent communities.
New this year: We are extending the application deadline one week with the fee increasing the last week by $10. The application fee is $35 until April 15 and $45 for applications received between April 16 and 22. Mark your calenders and get your applications in early to save $10.
Please read through entire application for details that may have changed or new policies.
For 61 years The Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival has been recognized as a fine art and craft show of high quality original artwork. The Festival draws well-educated buyers from nearby wealthy neighborhoods including the immediate Mill Valley and Marin Communities as well as the greater San Francisco Bay Area. The event provides an exceptional opportunity for the sale of unique, creative and high-end work.
Artist notified by May 5th, 2017 of Jury Results
Here's what two long time local artists had to say about our show:
“I have been doing the Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival since the late 1960s, and have always loved its wonderful redwood setting, its community feeling, and the opportunity to catch-up with so many old friends and neighbors from years past and present. It is a truly magical event, far more interesting than the usual outdoor show, as one might expect from Mill Valley."- Tom Killion
"The Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival has been one of my favorite shows for years. Set amongst a grove of redwoods, the Festival is still one of the best shows in Northern California... In addition to the wonderful setting, the local community is very supportive of the show and the arts in general." - Terry Steinke
• Great local musical entertainment as well as Children's Theater and hands-on art activities for kids.
• A Saturday evening wine and cheese award ceremony for the Artists.
Plus complementary coffee and snacks each morning.
• Free parking for Artists and a free shuttle bus service to bring customers from parking lots to the show.
• Tasty food and wine sold by both local non-profits and commercial vendors.
• A bountiful group of volunteers to assist with booth sitting, set-up and take down.
• A beautiful outdoor redwood grove setting. NOTE: As you might expect from a redwood grove, there are some areas with uneven terrain and variable lighting. Look on the Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival website (www.MVFAF.org) for photos of some of our booth layouts. NEW - tiered booth pricing starting at $375 and up.
This year we are continuing our tiered pricing system that started in 2016 to address the wide variety of booth spaces we have available. There are "premium" spaces where artists are able to drive up to their booths for the easiest set up, as well as our standard booths which vary in size, shape and placement. We are also offering an affordable alternative for artists who are able to work with the slope in this outdoor park setting.
New this year: we are extending the deadline one week. There is an application fee of $35 until April 15th the last week between April 16 and 22 it will be $45. Mark your calenders and get your applications in early to save $10.
• Each year we offer five, $500 Awards of Excellence to five outstanding artists who are chosen by a panel of three well qualified independent Judges.
• In addition, the award winners are invited back to participate in the show the following year, foregoing the jury process.
• We will again have a panel of six highly qualified local jurors who will select the work of over 140 artists to participate in this year's show. The jurors are a new set each year.
• Choose the category that best defines your work. If your art clearly includes work from two categories, please apply separately in each. Do not apply twice in the same category. If you plan to sell ANY jewelry you must apply in the jewelry category.
CALIFORNIA SALES PERMIT
• Artists are responsible for obtaining a valid California resale permit, including out-of-state artists. Contact the California State Board of Equalization: 800 400 7115 or www.boe.ca.gov. For hearing impaired: 800 735 2929.
• Exhibited work must be the original creation of the applicant(s). Co-artists may only show collaborative work. No production work is allowed.
• Artists applying in multiple categories may ONLY exhibit work in the categories in which they are accepted. The artwork displayed must be similar in type and style to the images submitted. If you intend to sell ANY jewelry you must apply in the jewelry category!
• Images should represent the full range of work you intend to show.
• Artists must be present both Saturday and Sunday during Festival hours. Commercial agents cannot substitute for an artist at their booth.
*It is the responsibility of the artist to read the Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival guidelines before submitting an application. If an artist applies with work that does not fit into our specified criteria, the work will not be juried and the application fee will be forfeited.
Deadline to withdraw with out forefitting paid booth fee is July 15.
The Standards Committee of the Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival will review exhibits during the Festival for compatibility with images presented to the jurying process. All artwork exhibited must be consistent with that originally submitted for jurying, and must also meet the eligibility requirements stated in the application information package. Any work that differs from that shown in the images must clearly be an outgrowth or evolution of the juried work, and of the same quality. All items exhibited, in whatever price range, must be of consistent quality.
The Standards Committee reserves the right to remove from the Festival any work it considers unsuitable. If the work you show at the Festival is not representative of your photos, you will be asked to remove that work. Continuing to show and sell unacceptable items will result in disqualification from future Festivals.
• To maintain a high quality show, the MVFAF requests that the art shown meet the following standards: No kits, commercial molds, tumbled stones, embellished objects, strung beads, ivory, edible art, plants, flowers, T-shirts, manufactured clothing, or any other manufactured items.
•All exhibited work must be original and produced solely by the applicant. All the work you intend to exhibit must be represented in your application images. You may apply separately in more than one category, but you must exhibit only in those categories for which you have been juried/accepted.
• Only limited edition, signed and numbered high quality "giclee" reproductions of artwork are allowed. Artist must disclose their process to the buyer and editions must be limited to 450 or less. Original framed art must occupy at least 70% of the applicant’s booth space. Photographs must also be in signed and in limited editions. No commercially produced postcards, books, note-cards, posters, T-shirts or any manufactured items.
We are continuing to have a tiered pricing system to address the wide variety of booth spaces and locations we have available. There are limited "premium" spaces, where artisits are able to drive to their booth for set up, as well as our standard booths which vary in size, shape and placement. We are also offering an affordable alternative for artists who are able to work with the slope in this outdoor park setting.
Premium Oversized.....(approx 10'X15').......$975
Premium long and narrow.............................$700
Primary Path 10'X10'....................................$600
Primary Path Oversized...(approx 10'X15')...$825
Primary Path 10'X8'.......................................$500
Primary Path, long and narrow......................$450
Standard Path 10'X10'...................................$450
Sloped space minimum 10x10 .....................$400
The Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival is in a beautiful redwood grove in downtown Mill Valley and we do our best to select spaces that will accommodate our artists in this charming natural environment. This is a park and no part is perfectly flat or free of dust. NOTE: only 30 premium spaces are drive up. All other spaces require load in from the street. Dollies a must!
Event Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW