APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Urban Arts Festival 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah (West)
Show Dates: 9/16/17 - 9/17/17
Application Deadline: 5/15/17 Midnight MST
49 day(s) and 7 hour(s) remaining
Images: 5 (a booth shot is NOT required)
Fee (Application Fee): $20.00
You can submit up to 20 applications for this show.
The Urban Arts Festival, organized by the non-profit Utah Arts Alliance, is the largest FREE community art event in Utah. Started in 2011, the Urban Arts Festival has become one of the most unique and exciting events of the year in Salt Lake City. Last year’s festival drew over 50,000 patrons, and showcased hundreds of artists, performers, and musicians. The Urban Arts Festival has received numerous awards including being named the “Best New Event in Utah” and “Best Indie Art Event in Utah!” In 2017, the festival will again be held at the Gallivan Center, allowing us to continue to welcome a growing number of artists and attendees. The festival, scheduled for September 16th and 17th, will be a two-day celebration of urban and artistic culture for the community, art lovers, and families. The festival features art, music, dance, film, live street art demonstrations, automotive arts, computer arts and much more!
At the seventh annual Urban Arts Festival, the Galivan Center will be filled with talented artists representing a wide variety of artistic disciplines. The festival will run 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm on Saturday, September 16 and continue 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm Sunday, September 17th.
Monday, January 9th through Monday, May 15, 2017: Applications open
Monday, May 15 - Monday, May 22, 2017: Late applications accepted, $30 Late Fee applies
Monday, May 22, 2017: Jury begins
Friday, June 2, 2017: Jury Ends
Friday, June 9, 2017: Email notification of application status
Friday, July 14, 2017: Deadline for accepted artists to commit to exhibit and remit booth fee.
Monday, July 17, 2017: Deadline to cancel participation in the 2017 festival and receive refund of booth fee.
Approximately 200 artists will exhibit at the 2017 event.
The jury is composed of professionals working within the art community. The panel will review the applications and images provided by artists and evaluate applicants based on criteria of artistic excellence and adhereance to the focus of the festival. The panel will meet to discuss their rankings and the artists with the top scores will receive invitations to exhibit. High-scoring artists who are not initially invited to exhibit will be added to a wait list and offered the opportunity to exhibit should an invited artist decline to participate.
AS A VENDOR
- If you have purchased a Regular Booth Space (10' x 10'), you are to provide the a tent for your booth space. We strongly suggest your tent is able to be closed and secured at night. We do provide 24 hour walk-around security at the Gallivan, but the UAF and Galivan are not responsible for unsecured items that are damaged or stolen.
- If you DO have a pop up tent you must weigh down each leg with 50 pounds, so be prepared with weights and ties for your tent. Weights are available to rent on a limited basis.
- If you DO NOT own a pop up tent for your space but would like to own one, check Costco, Sears, and/or a variety of home stores for availability and the best deals.
- If you DO NOT own a pop up tent and don’t plan to use one, please understand that it could be sunny and warm the day of the festival. We cannot guarantee a shady spot at the Gallivan so some sort of shade structure is advised.
- A limited amount of tents are available for rental. Contact us for details.
- NO VEHICLES of any kind allowed on the Plaza (unless pre-approved by UAF/Gallivan event staff). If approved, vehicles must be escorted by security to their area.
- NO VEHICLES of any kind allowed on the ice rink oval – this is a WEIGHT RESTRICTED AREA!
- You will need to provide the items needed to display your work: this means tables, decorative cloths or elements, walls, grids, lighting, zip ties, tape, scissors, clips, hooks, nails and the tools to hang them.
- There are no restrictions on how you display your work.
- If you plan to use electricity, bring extension cords and tape to tape down your cords. Access to electricity is not guaranteed.
OTHER VENDOR CONSIDERATIONS
- Free, public wifi is available at The Gallivan, but speed and reliability cannot be guaranteed.
- You may want to be prepared with a cash box and change for people who only have cash.
- Stay hydrated! The Urban Arts Festival will have plenty of water available for participants but it’s always good practice to bring your own.
- Bring a dolly or two wheeler to aid in transporting your items from your vehicle to your location and back.
Gallivan will give us a preferred rate for the underground parking of $5/day. Vendors may also choose to park larger vehicles/trailers at the Arts Hub (663 West 100 South) and take public transportation to the festival site.
Artists are responsible for their own sales and collecting and reporting the State of Utah sales tax on any sales. Tax documents will be provided in artist packets when artists check in.
APPLICATION AND BOOTH FEES
Please submit a non-refundable jury fee of $20 with your application. Applicants may choose to pay online with their Visa or Master Card.
Any artist who is selected by the jury must notify the Urban Arts Festival of intent to exhibit at the 2017 festival and submit a booth or table fee to the festival no later than Monday, May 15, 2017. Failure to respond by the deadline may result in revocation of the invitation and immediate invitation of an alternate from the waiting list. The applicant should keep his or her Zapp profile up to date with correct contact information, including mailing address, email address, and phone number.
Upon acceptance to the festival, all artists will be asked to submit the appropriate fee for desired exhibit space:
$100 Table Space 6' x 3' (non-tented)
$200 Regular 10' x 10' Booth
$300 Corner Booth 10' x 10' (limited quantites)
$400 Double Booth 10' x 20' (limited quantites)
$500 Double Corner 10' x 20' (limited quantities)
Please do not send a booth fee with your application.
The Urban Arts Festival features original work of exhibiting artists, not the work of mass production studios, organizations, or groups. No imports, commercial, or purchased for resale work.
Exhibitors must be at least 18 years old, or must submit parent/guardian consent prior to the event.
Friday, September 15th beginning at 10:00 am - 10:00pm
Saturday September 16th 8:00am - 11:00am
Shifts and Zones will be announced the week prior to the Festival
Saturday, September 16th 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Sunday, September 17th 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Sunday, September 17th 8:00 pm
The Urban Arts Festival and Gallivan Center BASIC VENDOR RULES
- Only accepted Urban Arts Festival exhibitors are allowed to sell at the Urban Arts Festival.
- Only items that are similar to your submission photos should be sold at your booth.
- Artists are required to be at their booths between the hours of 1:00 pm – 10:00 pm on Saturday, September 17th and noon to 6:00 pm on Sunday, September 18th. Urban Arts Fest volunteers will be on hand to help watch booths for short periods of time (restroom breaks, etc.).
- Artists and Vendors participate in The Urban Arts Festival at their own risk and cannot hold The Urban Arts Festival or the Gallivan liable to damages, cost, losses, or expenses resulting from any incident connected with the show.
⇒ Vendors must fill out Vendor Applications completely, including accurate estimates on all power needs.
⇒ Please make a copy of the Vendor Application for yourself before you turn it in.
Day of Event
⇒ NO VEHICLES of any kind allowed on the Plaza.
⇒ All trash generated by vendor must be bagged securely and placed behind booth for removal by Plaza staff or must be removed from premises by vendor. Vendors MAY NOT use Plaza trashcans for booth trash.
⇒ All cardboard boxes will be broken down and stacked compactly for removal by Plaza staff or must be removed from premises by vendor.
⇒ Vendor must leave booth area clean and free of loose trash, food, etc.
⇒ Vendor must anchor private canopy with sandbags or water barrels with a minimum of 100 lbs.
⇒ Vendors may not use trees, rails, garbage cans or other Plaza property to anchor banners or canopies.
⇒ Vendor will not move any Plaza furniture (chairs, tables, garbage cans, etc.) for any reason.
⇒ No stickers of any kind may be distributed.
⇒ No tape of any kind may be used on Plaza property (light poles, rails, etc.)
⇒ Vendors must set-up and tear-down during designated times.
⇒ Vendor trailers left unattended after the event will be towed.
⇒ Vendor must have all items off Plaza before the Gallivan rental client’s strike time.
⇒ Any items left by vendor for a later pick up will be disposed of.
$100 Table Space 6' x 3' (non-tented)
$200 Regular 10' x 10' Booth Space
$300 Corner 10' x 10' Booth Space (limited quantites)
$400 Double 10' x 20' Booth Space (limited quantites)
$500 Double 10' x 20' Corner Space (limited quantities)
Spaces will be marked off at the site and artists are encouraged to provide their own tents/canopys, chairs and tables. Tents, tent weights, tables, and chairs may be available to rent from UAF, subject to availability, for the following fees:
Tents (10' x10') Pop-up Tent w/weights) $150.00
Tent Weights $50.00
6' Tables: $20.00
Please notify UAF by Monday, July 3 if you would like to rent any of those items
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW