APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Halifax Art Festival 2017
Historic Downtown Riverfront Park on Beach Street
Daytona Beach, Florida (South)
Event Dates: 11/4/17 - 11/5/17
Application Deadline: 7/14/17 Midnight PST
81 day(s) and 9 hour(s) remaining
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Jury Fee): $40.00
You can submit up to 4 applications for this show.
The Guild of the Museum of Arts and Sciences in Daytona Beach, Florida invites you to apply for participation to the 2017 Halifax Art Festival!
The 55th annual Halifax Art Festival located in the historic downtown waterfront area of Daytona Beach is the 2nd oldest continual art festival in the state of Florida. The Festival attracts over 30,000 art lovers annually, continuing its tradition of providing the community a showcase for Fine Arts, Fine Crafts, a Student Art Competition, as well as a children’s interactive art experience known as Little Van Gogh. The Halifax Art Festival is presented entirely by the members of the Guild of the Museum of Arts and Sciences, a dedicated group of volunteers who work nonstop, yearlong, to provide 250 artists with an exceptional opportunity to showcase their work.
The two-day event features 252 juried artist spaces with 2 available exhibitor sections: Fine Arts with 170 booth spaces, as well as 82 booth spaces available for Fine Craft Artisans. The booth locations are on the street with a grassy median separating those artists who face east towards park/waterfront from those artists who face west towards shops/restaurants.
International street cuisine and good old-fashioned festival food are available with Beach Street cafes and restaurants featuring Festival specials. There is live entertainment by musicians playing a variety of popular music throughout the...
FESTIVAL DATES and TIMES:
Saturday, November 4th 2017 10 AM to 5 PM
Sunday, November 5t h 2017 10 AM to 4 PM
July 14, 2017- Application Deadline
July 15th to August 3rd - Jury Panel
August 4th - Artist Notifications by Email
August 14th - Artist Acceptance Deadline / All Payments Due
August 15th to August 30th - 80% Refunds for cancellations made in writing.
September 1st - No refunds after this date
Festival Advertising: Extensive multi-media marketing campaign to the Volusia/Flagler area as well the I-4 corridor to include Orlando and Tampa. Advertising includes Cable, Newspapers, Magazines, Outdoor, Transit Buses, radio as well as internet and social media. Budget provided by the Guild of the Museum of Arts & Sciences, the Downtown Development Authority, and a Grant from the Halifax Area Advertising Authority.
Cash awards continually exceed over $26,000. For your reference, in 2016 our cash awards totaled $28,000 with 37 winners and $4000 dedicated for the Student Art Awards. Please see our website for additional information. All artist exhibitors are eligible for Patron Awards, however only artists located in the Fine Art Section of the Festival are eligible for prize monies. Change for 2017: Judging of Fine Art will begin at 8AM Saturday morning with festival opening at 10AM.
JURY FEE and JURY EXEMPTIONS: Please note that all applicants, except those with jury exemptions, must pay the $40 Jury Fee.
Jury fee exemptions are for HAF cash winners of 2016. We will contact exempt artists with a jury fee exemption code to use with the ZAPP application.
EXHIBITOR SECTIONS: There are two (2) exhibitor sections available: Fine Arts and Fine Crafts.
JURY PANEL PROCESS :
The Jury Panel will convene the week of July 15th through August 3rd. Artists will be notified of the panel's decision by email beginning August 4th. The Jury Panel will select artists for the show based on scoring, and approve the artist's requested exhibitor section. The Jury Panel may accept an artist's application for the show, but require a reclassification of an artist's exhibitor section.There are no quotas used for individual categories of media, however the jury strives for balance in the show.
ARTIST APPLICATION INFORMATION:
1) Applications - Due July 14th.
2) Images of Art and Booth:
3) Artist’s acknowledgement of agreement to our Halifax Art Festival Policies, Rules, and Legal Agreement. As an applicant to the Halifax Art Festival your name/address/email address will be automatically retained on our mailing list. Please notify us of address changes or if you prefer to be omitted from our listing.
Jury Fee is non-refundable. 100% of booth fee payment will be refunded if artist does not receive Jury Panel acceptance for show. We can not accept credit card payments by phone.
2017 FEE SUMMARY:
Jury Fee: $40 prior to July 14th 2017
Fine Arts : $240 per booth space
Fine Crafts $150 per booth space
Late fee for applications after July 14th: $20
Bank Fees for returned checks: $25.00
5. Please provide a background or description of the work submitted including the techniques used in creation of your arts.
Judges For Fine Art Awards: The announcement of judges participating in our show will be posted on our website at www.halifaxartfestival.org or www.halifaxartfestival.com
ART WORK CATEGORIES:
Digital Art –“includes original work for which the original image or the manipulation of other source material, was executed by the artist using a computer”
Other (be specific)
Artist Contact: Dr Pam Fieldus 386-405-2140
Halifax Art FestivalPO Box 2038
Ormond Beach, FL 32175-2038
Website: www.Halifaxartfestival.org or www.halifaxartfestival.com
HOTEL LODGING: Please book your hotel choice in Daytona Beach and check up on the FUN of Daytona Beach using the websites below. Also please check out our hotel listing on our website www.halifaxartfestival.org
WEBSITE TO MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS: http://bookings.daytonabeach.com/
FOR MORE FUN IN DAYTONA BEACH: www.DaytonaBeach.com
The Halifax Art Festival website found at www.halifaxartfestival.org
contains useful references such as: hotel information, artist awards, prize money updates, artist parking, past award winners, judges' biographies, and maps. It’s a valuable reference site that will help to make your Halifax Art Festival a smooth experience!
When new information is posted, we will send periodic alerts thru ZAPP, and e-mails to those artists who have provided us an email address with their paper application.
1. All artwork must be the original work of the accepted artist only. No agents, proxies, or commercial dealers are permitted.
2. No Buy/ Sell exhibitors are permitted. We appreciate the efforts of all exhibiting artists to help us to identify buy/sell violators. This is a violation of our rules and exhibitors will be told to pack up and leave. No refunds will be made.
3. Juried exhibitors MUST BE PRESENT during the entire 2 day festival
4. Collaborative Work- Artists accepted as a team may only exhibit the collaborative work for which they were accepted
5. Exhibitors who dismantle their booths early- before 4PM Sunday- will likely not be invited to return to the festival.
6. No commission on sales is charged by the festival.
7. Exhibitors are responsible for paying the Florida sales tax (tax reporting forms will be provided in the artist registration packet)
8. Jury Fee of $40 is required of all applicants (Halifax Art Festival prize money winners of 2016 are exempt).
9. Each artist must enter individually unless the art is a collaborative effort.
10. Artists may only exhibit artwork in their approved category (or categories)
11. Artists submitting in additional categories using one booth will pay one space fee, but a separate application/jury fees must be provided for each artistic category. Artists must exhibit a minimum of four (4) pieces per qualified category.
12. Work eligible for FINE ART judging must be original work done since 2015. No art work that has been previously awarded in this festival will be eligible for judging. This rule will be enforced.
13. Prints must be signed and numbered and limited to 1000. No laser prints.
14. Ceramics that are hydraulic pressed are not permitted.
15. All displays will be viewed at intervals throughout the Festival to assure that all rules are being followed. Violation will result in the artist being asked to remove his/her unacceptable material from the show.
16. One jury artist exhibitor per space, unless juried in as collaborative team
17. Note that Fine Art has early judging on Saturday.
18. Vehicles will not be permitted in the exhibit area until 4:30PM Sunday for the safety of pedestrians inside the Festival
19. Show does not provide tents but can assist artists in locating a tent.
20. JUDGING PROCESS OF FINE ART: Fine Artists competing for prize awards must have booth ready and open by 8 AM Saturday for judging process. Exhibits must have festival booth card posted. Please note that an "in-booth" judging process is under consideration for 2017. Details will be in your registration packet.
21. To qualify for judging, watercolors, graphics, and photographs must be suitably presented and/or framed.
22. No affiliation, ribbons or publications about the artist may be displayed prior to judging.
23. Unacceptable to show: Decoupage, commercial photographs, mass produced jewelry, manufactured bags or belts, non-original or kit work, or commercially produced products
24. Only artists accepted in the jewelry category may display or sell jewelry
25. Exhibitors who fail to show to the Festival without cancelling and artists who leave the event early will not be re-invited.
26. Any breach of the rules/regulations, and policies, forfeits all rights of the artist, and will result in immediate dismissal from the show without a refund.
27. SETUP/BREAKDOWN – Artist are asked to break down to the ground after the show before driving in and packing up on Sunday. Vehicles will not be allowed into the festival area until 4:30PM
28. Fine Crafts- all fine crafts must be original and created by the artist. Jury may request additional information and documentation from the craftsmen.
29. Our emphasis on Student Art at HAF prohibits us from including art of nudes and weaponry.
1. Refund of Booth Fee – payment will be returned to you if you are not accepted to Festival
2. Cancellations must be communicated to us in writing by September 1st to receive 80% booth fee refund.
3. No refunds of booth fees will be made after September 1st 2017.
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW