Wayzata Art Experience 2017
Lake Street Downtown Wayzata
Wayzata, Minnesota (Midwest)
Show Dates: 6/24/17 - 6/25/17
Application Deadline: 3/29/17 Midnight CST
4 day(s) and 15 hour(s) remaining
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (WAE Jury Fee): $25.00
Wayzata Art Experience - Call for Entries for the following mediums: Ceramics, Drawing/Printmaking, Fiber Arts, Recycled/Green Art, Glass, Jewelry, Leather, Metal, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Wood
Celebrate your art in an intimate setting on Lake Minnetonka. Experience other top artists juried into one of the most exquisite outdoor shows of the season. Enjoy showcasing your fine art to affluent buyers.
Thank you for your interest in applying for the 2017 Wayzata Art Experience!
Established in 2004, the Wayzata Art Experience is held in the heart of downtown Wayzata, Minnesota on the shores of Lake Minnetonka. All forms of art will be seen, heard and tasted by the experts. The show will be open to the public on Saturday, June 24 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, June 25 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (artists are welcome to stay open longer Sat. evening if art lovers are still visiting booths)
Application Deadline: March 29
Jury Process (2nd round): April 1 - April 10
Artist Notification (by e-mail): week of April 17
Deadline for accepted artists and paid booth fees: April 28
Event Dates: June 24 & 25
AMENITIES AND SERVICES
- Booth space provided is approximately 11' x 11’
- Event site access adjacent to booth during setup/teardown
- Free parking is available in close proximity to the event area
- Private security, patrolling event area overnight from Friday to Sunday
- Complimentary coffee and pastries on Saturday and complimentary chilled bottled water throughout the event
- “booth sitters”, friendly volunteers, and well-organized staff
- Side booth storage (approx. 1-2 ft.)
Participants must provide their own display materials. Displays must be set up by 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 24. Artist must show their work the entire time the show is open. Electricity is not available. All proceeds of sales go to the participating artist.
The Wayzata Art Experience has chosen a jury panel of a solid cross section of perspectives in the field. The jury process is anonymous. In choosing the show’s participants, the jury will look for quality, originality and consistency of design. The Wayzata Art Experience reserves the right to balance the show according to media.
The Greater Wayzata Area Chamber of Commerce will recognize artists who are striving and achieving excellence in their field. First, second, and third winners will receive a cash award, a certificate, booth signage at the event and are automatically accepted in next year’s show with all fees waived. Winners also have the opportunity to display their work on next year’s promotional materials. Judging will take place the first day of the festival to select the prizewinners.
- Featured on event website with email and/or website link, along with facebook and other social media.
- Several local corporate sponsors participating and promoting the show.
- E-postcard/flyer to distribute and email to artists' customers.
- Event postcard mailing to households in the Lake Minnetonka area.
- Email blast to growing distribution list of 2,000+ residents and shoppers in the Wayzata area.
- Event Promotion in a variety of both local and Twin Cities wide media. Historically, we have advertised in Artful Living, Star Tribune, Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine, Lakeshore Weekly News, and Cable Television, among others.
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION
- All work must be original, handcrafted work. One of a kind work is preferred and encouraged. Reproductions of original artwork and/or prints may be sold but may not comprise more than 40% of the entire booth.
- If you produce work in editions, you must disclose edition numbers to the event audience and include in your work descriptions.
- Artists may only show work in categories approved by the Jury. All work exhibited must be of the quality and type of that shown in the images juried.
- Artists must prominently display an Artist Statement, with the artist’s picture, describing how and by whom the work is made and the materials used to make the work.
- Artists must be present with their work in their booth for the entirety of posted hours on June 24 & 25, 2017. It is required that booths stay in place once given the assigned booth space.
- All work must be for sale.
- Artists are responsible for the collection, reporting and payment of all taxes. TAXES: 7.275% Hennepin County, Minnesota Sales Tax.
- Artists may apply once per media. Artists may only exhibit and sell work in the media category for which they are accepted.
- ARTISTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROPER INSURANCE AND PROTECTION OF WORK AND SETUP. The Wayzata Art Experience is not responsible for loss or damage.
- The Greater Wayzata Area Chamber of Commerce in collaboration with the City of Wayzata reserves the right to cancel the event if severe or life-threatening weather occurs.
BOOTHS AND FEES
- Jury Fee: $25 (nonrefundable per application)
- Single Booth Space: $190: 12' wide x 12' deep
- Double Booth Space: $380: 22’ wide x 12’ deep
- Space allows for a 10 x 10' or 20 x 10' tent with 1-2 ft' of storage behind.
- Weighted tents are required. This is an outdoor event, so weather can be inclement. Please plan accordingly.
- Tent rental and installation available: $250: 10’ x 10’ or $400: 20’ x 10’
- Taxes: 7.275% Hennepin County, Minnesota Sales Tax. Artists are responsible for the collection, reporting and payment of all taxes.
- Refunds: ALL FEES are not refundable after May 1, 2017.