DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts 2017
DeLand, Florida (South)
Phone: (386) 738-5705
Event Dates: 11/18/17 - 11/19/17
Application Deadline: 9/8/17 Midnight EST
138 day(s) and 1 hour(s) remaining
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee $35 (When Application Submitted); Booth Fee $275 (check must be mailed to the festival by Sept. 8, 2017 before application is considered complete): $35.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
The DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts is an exciting, juried fine art show, celebrating it's 25th year. The historic preservation district of downtown DeLand provides a charming backdrop for this annual festival which is dedicated to those who create as well as those who appreciate and collect art.
Over $55,000 available in judging and purchase awards. Fine art exhibits presented by our juried artists, food trucks, beer tent, music, and youth activities draw a crowd of more than 50,000 patrons over the two day festival.
The DeLand community continues to support the Festival and its Artists through a Patron/Collector Program. Festival Artists will have the opportunity to meet festival Patron/Collector members at the Artist Check-in and Preview Event on Friday night before the festival weekend. Generous purchases by our Art Festival Patrons/Collectors will add to sales and make this festival even more successful for you.
Artist Amenities Include:
- Artist Check-in and Preview Event on Friday night. Mingle with Patrons/Collectors and Sponsors.
- Artist Oasis Saturday and Sunday (includes breakfast and lunch each day)
- Artist Awards Event on Saturday night (includes dinner)
- Easy load-in and load-out
- Dedicated Artist parking areas
- Complimentary link on the Fall Festival web site to the Artist’s web site
- The Festival welcomes all artists to apply.
- All applicants will be notified of results via email the week of September 25, 2017. A list of accepted artists, along with an image of their work, will be posted on our website.
- Artists who received an Award of Merit or higher at the 2016 DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts are automatically accepted. Although these 2016 winners are exempt from jurying, they are still required to submit an application, pay the application fee, and submit digital images for possible publicity purposes.
- Fees: $35 Application Fee, $275 Booth Fee must be mailed to the Festival by the September 8, 2017 in order for your application to be considered complete. (please see Booth Information below for instructions regarding where to send the booth fee check).
- Once the festival notifies an artist of their acceptance, they are obligated to show. No refunds shall be made for cancellation or for inclement weather or other acts of man or nature over which the Festival has no control; the risk and/or loss from such an event will be borne by the exhibitor.
- The DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts Board reserves the right to substitute judges if circumstances require.
- Please notify us of any email or physical address change.
Awards will be given based on the Judges’ scoring of each artist’s body-of-work as displayed in the booth. Individual pieces will NOT be removed from your booth. Awards are not given based on category.
Please see the festival website, www.delandfallfestival.com, for more information about this year's judges.
- Best of Show 1 @ $4,000
- 2D Judge’s Choice 1 @ $2,500
- 3D Judge’s Choice 1 @ $2,500
- Award of Excellence 2 @ $1,500
- Award of Distinction 4 @ $1,000
- Award of Merit 5 @ $750
- Award of Recognition 6 @ $500
- Honorable Mention 8 @ $300
- Artists may apply in more than one category but must submit an application, fees, and images for each category. Artists may only exhibit and sell work in the medium (media) for which they are accepted. Artists accepted in more than one category must display each category in individual booths and will be given adjoining booth spaces. No other double booth spaces are allowed.
- Submitted images (including booth shot) must not show artist or business name in image or tag line. Images must not contain actual people.
- Only one artist will be permitted to exhibit in each space. A two-person collaborative team may qualify as a single exhibitor if both participate equally in the creative process. Must be a true hands-on collaboration – not assistants in the process. Each member’s contribution to the artwork (description and percentage) must be defined in the Description of Materials and Technique section of the application. Co-Artists must both sign the application.
- Accepted artists, including both members of an artist collaborative team, must be present and remain at the Festival both days until the Festival ends.
- Photo ID is required at the time of check in.
- Artists must comply with all pertinent State of Florida sales tax regulations
- Booth display and exhibited work must be representative of the digital images submitted for jury.
- For the purpose of judging, all artwork must be original, signed, created by the artist since 2014, and offered for sale.
- An Artist Statement (description of process, technique and materials, NOT philosophy) including a picture of the artist, must be prominently displayed in your booth.
- Paintings, graphics, and photographs must be suitably matted and framed.
- About Reproductions: Original artwork must comprise the majority of your framed pieces. The three primary interior walls of your booth must exhibit only original art. Reproductions of an artist’s one-of-a-kind painting, drawing, pastel, collage or mixed media may be exhibited subject to the following conditions:
A) All reproductions, whether framed or unframed, must be signed and clearly and individually labeled: “Giclee (or Xerox, offset, etc.) Reproduction of an oil (or acrylic, watercolor, ink, pastel, etc.) Painting ( or drawing, ink, pastel, etc.)” This notice must appear on the front of each item displayed. Failure to comply will result in expulsion from the festival.
B) Framed reproductions may be displayed in browse bins and/or hung on one supplementary wall of the booth. All unframed reproductions must be displayed in browse bins. Non-original art such as cards and posters are allowed, but only at a minimum, and must be displayed in browse bins.
- The DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts values original artwork. Exhibiting artists are expected to show work that is their own and that does not violate the ownership or copyright of any other artist, whether that artist is part of the Festival or not. It is the responsibility of exhibiting artists to be familiar with prevailing copyright law and create work in accordance with those regulations. Any artist found to be in violation of copyright protection will not be invited back to future festivals
- Commercial exhibits, mass-produced items, kits, candles, mold ceramics, shells, mass manufactured strung beads, dough, decoupage, crocheting, knitting, artificial flowers, etc., except one-of-a-kind items made by the artist’s hand, are not eligible to be exhibited. Studios producing works in volume are not eligible for entry.
- The DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts Board reserves the right to prohibit display of work it deems unacceptable.
- Ribbons and awards from other shows may not be displayed.
- All displays will be reviewed to assure compliance with the Festival Rules. Failure to abide by these rules may result in some or all of the following: exclusion from judging; immediate removal of artwork; rejection from this year’s Festival; suspension from exhibiting in the Festival for three years.
A $275 (includes 6.5% sales tax) booth fee check must be mailed to the Festival with a postmark date on or before Friday, September 8, 2017 along with a SASE, before your application is considered complete. This check will not be cashed prior to the artist's acceptance. Once the festival notifies an artist of their acceptance, they are obligated to show and the check will be cashed at that time. Non-accepted artists' checks will be returned in the SASE provided.
DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts
100 N. Woodland Blvd.
DeLand, FL 32720
Artists will be assigned a 12’ X 12’ exhibit space suitable for a 10’X10’ tent. Booths are set-up back-to-back. Work must be contained within the assigned space. Artists are required to use a substantial display that withstands wind and crowds. Water resistant coverings are highly recommended and, if used, must include weights. Under no circumstances may a tent be physically secured to the roadway. To allow access for emergency vehicles, tent awnings that protrude in the front are not permitted.
The Festival Committee makes every effort to accommodate booth location requests.
Double booth spaces are available only to artists accepted in multiple categories.
Saturday morning set-up. Set-ups begin at 6:00 a.m. and must be completed by 10:00 a.m. Road Crew members will be on hand for assistance as needed Saturday morning. No early set-ups are allowed.
Additional information concerning set-up procedures, parking, maps, motels, etc. will be sent to all accepted artists via e-mail in early November.