APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
La Jolla Art and Wine Festival 2017
Lower Girard in the heart of La Jolla
La Jolla, California (West)
Show Dates: 10/7/17 - 10/8/17
Application Deadline: 7/20/17 Midnight PST
115 day(s) and 9 hour(s) remaining
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $25.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
ABOUT THE LA JOLLA ART & WINE FESTIVAL:
The 2017 La Jolla Art & Wine Festival returns to La Jolla for its ninth annual season on October 7th and 8th in the heart of the village, between Prospect Ave. and Kline St., on lower Girard Ave. This two-day juried art show and fundraiser has quickly garnered a reputation as one of the most prestigious art & wine festivals on the west coast, expecting to draw in the largest crowd to date. The La Jolla Art & Wine Festival is FREE and open to the public, with cash donations accepted at all the festival entrances. Featuring the works of over 150 established artists from San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Baja and beyond, the LJAWF features something for everyone including a silent auction, roving entertainment, a gourmet marketplace, and a wine and beer garden which will include premier wineries from around the world in addition to San Diego’s top breweries.
Terms & Conditions Contract
ADVANCING THE ARTS, EDUCATION, AND LOCAL BUSINESSES
1. Displayed Work: All artwork exhibited must be for sale. All of the artist’s work must be displayed within his or her allotted space, and all displays must be attractive and kept neat throughout the weekend. No commission on sales is collected by the 2017 La Jolla Art & Wine Festival, including The San Diego Unified School District and associated schools, Friends of La Jolla Elementary, the Parents Committee of Bird Rock Elementary, the Torrey Pines Elementary School Foundation, the Muirlands Foundation, together with all of their directors, officers, contractors, employees, agents, principals, teachers, administration and volunteers (Hereinafter referred to as "LJAWF").
2. Jury Process: Artists will be selected by a highly qualified jury of artists, authors, critics, and collectors. Selections will be based upon quality, originality, artists, conception, and presentation of artwork and booth display. Jurors evaluate the artist’s work, booth display, and statement to provide an overall score of 1 (low) to 10 (high). The top scoring artists in each category are invited to participate in the LJAWF. Selections by the jury are final. The LJAWF reserves the right to invite Artists who are established masters in their medium.
3. Jury Wait List: A Wait List is selected from the Jury’s scores in each medium. Wait-listed artists are invited to participate as cancellations occur in their particular medium.
4. Confirmation of Acceptance: Upon notification of your acceptance through Zapplications, artists must purchase their booth space through our wesbite www.ljawf.com. The following items must be received by August 31, 2017 at 5pm: booth selection and fee and a copy of California State Seller’s Permit. If the LJAWF has not received said items by the deadline, the invitation to exhibit will be rescinded and no refunds will be offered.
5. Booth Selection: Booth selection will be first come, first serve this year. We seek to avoid having artists of the same medium next to each other, so we have divided up the festival map by categoriy. You may only select a booth that is availble for your category medium. Double and corner booths are limited and available for an extra charge.
6. Booth Sharing: If two artists wish to share a booth, each must pay an application fee and apply separately. Following acceptance, artists may request a shared booth.
7. Set-Up and Breakdown: Photo ID is required at check-in. Load-in begins at approx. 8 p.m. on Friday, October 6, 2017. Each artist will be assigned a specific appointment time for load-in either Friday night or early Saturday morning. You are not allowed to bring your own tent. All tents will be set up before load in commences and traffic flow will be closely monitored and controlled by festival organizers and city police. Breakdown will take place immediately following the closure of the event at 6pm on Sunday, October 8th. Further details about set up and breakdown will be sent with acceptance notification. Absolutely no motorized vehicles shall be allowed in the display area after 9am on show days.
8. Artist Exhibition Hours: Artists are required to man their booths during the festival hours of 10am to 7pm on Saturday and 10am to 6pm Sunday. Any artists who pack up their booths early will not be invited back.
9. Artist Awards: A panel of well-known, San Diego artists will judge the participating artists for awards including Best Artist within each medium and a Best In Show.
10. Security: Artists are responsible for the security of their belongings at all times. The LJAWF, the San Diego Unified School District and associated schools, together with all of their respective directors, officers, contractors, employees, agents, principals, teachers, administrators, and volunteers shall not be responsible for any loss, damage, or theft of art or property of Artist while at the Festival.
11. Weather: The LJAWF is held on a street in the beautiful village of La Jolla, California. Please note that wind may occur, and there will be no rain/contingency plan. Artists should come prepared for inclement weather. Coastal air is damp and it is highly recommended that artist tents are closed at night.
12. Electricity: If you require lighting, you may bring your own battery operated system. Gas powered generators will not be allowed.
13. Booth Regulations: Artist booths may not play music or distribute or sell alcohol, food, or beverages. The festival is contracting with food and beverage vendors, and these vendors have exclusive rights to sell food and beverages. Artists are prohibited from distributing or displaying literature of, or promoting any religious, fraternal, foundation, political, or commercial organization. Only literature and information pertaining to the Artist’s work or the art organization exhibiting is permitted. You are required to use the booth provided by LJAWF. You may not bring your own tent.
14. Seller’s Permit and Taxes: Exhibitors are responsible for establishing their own merchant accounts for collecting payment. Artists must have a current and valid California State Board of Equalization Permit to participate in the LJAWF. Artists are solely responsible for collecting monies for works sold and for payment of taxes to any city, county, state, or federal agency. Artists must have their permit onsite during the Festival. All Artists are required by the State of California to file a Sales & Use Tax Return.
15. Insurance: Artists and vendors are responsible for procuring and maintaining their own insurance.
16. Conduct: Artists must behave in a professional and congenial manner at all times. The LJAWF reserves the right to remove any artist from the site. Artists must comply with all safety requirements, and vehicles may be parked only in designated areas. Noncompliance will result in elimination from consideration for any future LJAWF events.
17. Photography: Artists agree to allow the LJAWF to photograph their displays and artwork during the two-day event for promotional purposes.
18. Other Regulations: Children must be supervised. Smoking is not permitted.
19. Criminal Background: The consenting applicant has never been convicted of, or pleaded no contest, to a felony or any crime against children or a minor.
La Jolla Art & Wine Festival Artist Contract
Work is submitted and presented for sale at the artists’s sole and complete risk. In consideration of artists’ admittance to and participation in the Festival, I hereby release the 2017 La Jolla Art & Wine Festival, including The San Diego Unified School District and associated schools, Friends of La Jolla Elementary, the Parents Committee of Bird Rock Elementary, the Torrey Pines Elementary School Foundation, the Muirlands Foundation, together with all of their directors, officers, contractors, employees, agents, principals, teachers, administration and volunteers (Hereinafter referred to as "LJAWF") from any responsibility, or any personal liability for any injury, damage, or loss sustained by artists, exhibitors, guests, or works of art. Artists are solely responsible for insuring their work from delivery to pick-up/returned shipping, and are solely responsible for the collection and payment of sales tax in accordance with California law. I have read and agree to all the specified terms and conditions set forth in the LJAWF Application & Prospectus. I understand that failure to strictly abide by the terms and conditions of this agreement may result in the termination of my agreement with LJAWF, and my immediate removal from the Festival. I affirm that all submitted work is original and was produced by myself or in collaboration as specifically identified. I understand that the LJAWF reserves the right to require me to remove any work that does not meet its standards, or is not in the category for which I have been accepted, such determination to be in the sole and absolute discretion of LJAWF. I understand that there are no refunds due to inclement weather. I agree to accept all jury results as final. I agree to allow the LJAWF to utilize the photographs or other promotional materials taken during the Festival or submitted with this application for the purpose of promoting the Festival this year and in future years. I agree to allow the LJAWF to release my name, address, website, and telephone to the public for sales/promotion. I agree to hold harmless and indemnify and defend the LJAWF against any claim, loss, damage or liability of any kind associated with my participation at the 2017 La Jolla Art & Wine Festival.
Booth fees are based on the space size you select. Booths are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. We seek to avoid having artists of the same medium next to each other, so we have divided up the festival map by categoriy. You may only select a booth that is availble for your category medium. Double and corner booths are limited and available for an extra charge. Corner booths are best for artist that need additional light.
10' x 10': $475 Single booth
10' x 10': $575 Single Corner Booth
10' x 20': $875 Double Booth
10' x 20': $1,075 Double Booth (one corner booth, one aisle booth, side by side)
Artist booths may not play music or distribute or sell alcohol, food, or beverages. The festival is contracting with food and beverage vendors, and these vendors have exclusive rights to sell food and beverages. Artists are prohibited from distributing or displaying literature of, or promoting any religious, fraternal, foundation, political, or commercial organization. Only literature and information pertaining to the Artist’s work or the art organization exhibiting is permitted. You are required to use the tent provided by LJAWF. You may not bring your own tent.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW