APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
ArtFest Midwest 2017
Iowa State Fairgrounds, Varied Industries Building
Des Moines, Iowa (Midwest)
Event Dates: 6/24/17 - 6/25/17
Application Deadline: 4/30/17 Midnight CST
7 day(s) and 5 hour(s) remaining
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury fee ): $30.00
ArtFest Midwest 'The Other Art Show', Iowa’s largest fine art show, is an indoor event (with a few outdoor spaces) held in the rain-free, air-conditioned Varied Industries Building at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. Approximately 250 artists will be participating in this 15th annual event, held on the same weekend as the downtown Des Moines Arts Festival. ArtFest Midwest, an affordable alternative to the downtown show, will again offer free shuttle bus service to downtown. Parking and admission to the show are free for the estimated 30,000 patrons.
We offer limited booth sitting, Saturday morning coffee, and a light breakfast on Sunday morning.
According to Sunshine Artist Magazine, “overall, this show is a hit!”
Questions? Contact Robyn Mills at 515.314.3010 or email@example.com
This will be the 15th year for ArtFest Midwest, held in the Varied Industries Building at the Iowa State Fairgrounds, Des Moines, Iowa. The show was started as a venue for primarily Iowa and Midwest artists to show and sell their work on the same weekend that the downtown Des Moines show is held. Patrons move freely between the two shows via the shuttle buses provided by ArtFest Midwest.
The show is juried by a panel of artists, who choose high-quality artists and craftspeople doing only handcrafted work.
Booths are a generous 10 feet wide by 15 feet deep, with a limited number of corners available. Some double-wide spaces are also available. Electricity is available for a fee and there is free WiFi throughout the air-conditioned venue.
Set-up for the show will be Friday afternoon from 4pm to 8pm, and Saturday morning
from 7am -- 10am.
Saturday, June 24, 2017 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday, June 25, 2017 10 am – 5 pm
Website address is: www.artfestmidwest.com Please "Like" us on our Facebook page: ArtFest Midwest
Questions? Contact Robyn Mills at 515-314-3010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Artists may sell only accurate representations of what their submitted images depict. Artists give consent to Promoter and Promoter shall have the right to use all submitted images in promotion and advertisement of the show.
2) Artists are to check in at the registration table inside the south overhead door prior to setting up.
3) Set-up hours: 4-8 p.m. Friday, 7-10 a.m. Saturday. Show hours: 10-6 Saturday, 10-5 Sunday.
4) Artists must set up within the marked boundaries on the floor. Each booth will be marked at the corners with artist’s number located in front right-hand corner. If additional space is needed, show promoter should be contacted.
5) Artists may not begin packing prior to 5 p.m. Sunday.
6) Artists must use the overhead doors to move in and out of the building. Vehicles must be moved IMMEDIATELY after unloading.
7) Entire merchandise display should appear finished and presentable in a professional manner acceptable to the Iowa State Fairgrounds management and Promoter.
8) Tables, including card tables, must be draped to the floor.
9) All drapes, curtains, table covers and other display materials must be treated with a flame-retardant solution.
10) Tent frames may be used for display (no fabric tent tops allowed due to Fire Code).
11) All merchandise must be clearly priced with no "sale” or "discount” signs.
12) Artists who requested electricity must provide their own extension cords and electrical bars with circuit breakers. Extension cords must be the 3-prong grounded extension cords (not the light-weight cords). All artist lights must be plugged into the artist’s electrical bar. Wattage limit for each artist is 400W. No electrical cords are allowed across the aisles.
13) No smoking in the Varied Industries Building.
14) No tape allowed on the floor.
15) No televisions, radios, coffee makers, etc., are allowed in booths.
16) Nothing may be hung from pillars or walls; no tape is allowed on any wall surface; no spray painting allowed; no balloons allowed.
17) There is a $45 charge for returned checks.
18) Artist contract is subject to Iowa State Fairgrounds regulations and Iowa State Fairgrounds contract with Promoter; both are subject to change.
19) No refunds or credits will be given, except as noted: May 1, 2016-- Cancellation deadline (can cancel by this date with full refund of booth fee less $50 fee, after this date--no refunds made)
20) All work must be designed & handmade by the artist.
All fees will be paid through Zapplication in 2017.
Jury Fee: $30
Booth fees: All single booth spaces are 10 feet wide by 15 feet deep
Single Indoor with no electricity $330
Single Indoor with electricity $375
Double Indoor with no electrity (20 x 15) $650
Double Indoor with electricity $750
Outdoor single $160 (no electricity available outdoors)
Outdoor double $320
Corner (indoors, subject to availability) Additional $80
Late booth fee payment $50
Cancellation fee (before May 1) $50, (no cancellation refunds after May 1)
January 19, 2017 Applications available on Zapplication
March 24, 2017 Deadline to apply
April 3, 2017 Notifications emailed and on Zapp
April 14, 2017 Deadline to confirm, pay booth fee, and send contract
May 15, 2017 Deadline to cancel with $50 cancellation fee
After May 15, 2017 No cancellation refunds
Questions? Contact Robyn Mills at 515-314-3010 or email@example.com
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW