APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Wild about Art at the Toledo Zoo
The Toledo Zoo
Toledo, Ohio (Midwest)
Show Dates: 8/4/17 - 8/6/17
Application Deadline: 3/31/17 Midnight EST
37 day(s) and 3 hour(s) remaining
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $20.00
VIP Preview Party (Optional, please see note below) - Friday, August 4 from 6– 9 p.m.
Art Fair- Saturday, August 5 and Sunday, August 6, 2017 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Feel the roar, feel the rush at Wild about Art at the Toledo Zoo!
This unique show, set in the wild beauty of the number one Zoo in the nation, features local and regional artists with various mediums (does not have to be animal related) on display for thousands of Zoo visitors! This event will include entertainment, interactive activities, a variety of foods and of course animals!
Wild about Art is a two-day art show taking place Saturday, August 5 and Sunday, August 6, 2017. And be sure to mark your calendar for the Wild about Art Preview Party on Friday, August 4 from 6- 9 p.m. (Artists participating in the weekend show will have the opportunity to showcase and sell their art during the Preview Party.) This evening event is your chance to debut your art in a smaller, more intimate setting and talk one-on-one with potential buyers as they mingle throughout the historic side of the Zoo. Artists will be served a complimentary dinner prior to the start of the preview party.
The show will be held on Zoo grounds and guests are required to pay Zoo admission to enter.
RAIN OR SHINE EVENT
Mediums permitted: Ceramics, Drawing/Painting, Glass, Jewelry, Mixed Media, Metal Working, Photography, Printmaking/Graphics, Sculpture, Textiles and Wood. Work does not have to be animal related.
The Zoo is a family-friendly environment and certain subject matters, including but not limited to nudity and offensive language and symbols, will not be accepted. The Zoo reserves the right to exclude and/or remove pieces at their sole discretion.
Application Process: Send four (4) non-returnable pictures of your medium and one (1) picture of your sales area.
Application Fee: $20 Non-refundable. Must be processed through ZAPP.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 31, 2017
Notification of Invitation to Artist: April 28, 2017
Artist deadline to accept invitation and pay booth fee. Friday, May 19, 2017
Payments can be made via ZAPP or send checks to:
The Toledo Zoo
attn: Art Fair
2605 Broadway St.
Toledo, OH 43609
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made prior to July 14, 2017 will be refunded 75% of their booth fee. Cancellations made on or after July 14 will NOT be issued refunds.
No Show Policy
Artists who have not checked-in and/or called the shows Emergency Number by 5 p.m. Friday, August 4th will be considered a “no show.” No Show artists will not be eligible for refunds and will be ineligible for participation in future Wild about Art shows.
Awards: A committee of Zoo and community professionals will review all booths and determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd place show winners. Award information to come.
We want you to have a wonderful and successful experience at Toledo Zoo’s Wild about Art. To help accomplish this, and for the safety of our visitors and animals, we ask that you observe the following rules and guidelines:
Thank you for your cooperation!
RAIN OR SHINE EVENT: Exhibitors are encouraged to secure their exhibits in the event of inclement weather. Exhibitor assumes full responsibility for loss or damage to his/her person or property during the entirety of the Wild about Art event.
• Alcohol is NOT permitted in the picnic areas, parking lot or on Zoo grounds.
• The Zoo is a smoke-free facility and the use of any and all smoking materials (including e-cigarettes)
is limited to designated areas outside Zoo gates and in personal vehicles in parking lots.
• An adult chaperone must accompany children inside the Zoo. Unchaperoned children will not be allowed inside the Zoo.
• All vendor booths need to be manned throughout the entirety of Wild about Art, including the VIP Preview Party, if participating.
• Vendors are NOT permitted to:
• post any signs in the Zoo or along the entrance road
• tape, nail, thumbtack or use any other fastening device to attach signs or decorations to boardwalks, railings, trees or shrubs throughout the Zoo or parking lot
• park or drive on the grass. Parking and driving are permitted on paved areas only.
• dig holes anywhere in the vendor area
• bring balloons, roller skates, roller blades, bicycles, scooters, skateboards, laser pointers, frisbees, balls,
toy guns, squirt guns, radios, cassette and CD players, whistles or generators.
• bring carnival attractions, rides or concessions onto Zoo grounds
• Due to Toledo Zoo’s concession policies, sales of prepared food is not permitted.
• Pets are NOT allowed inside the Zoo. Service dogs are permitted.
• Vendors are expected to dispose of all paper and other waste items into trash containers located throughout
the Zoo. Zoo staff will empty all trash containers.
• Vendors are also expected to clean up their own vending areas at the completion of the event, disposing
of all waste in proper receptacles.
• Vendors are also expected to abide by all Zoo policies and guidelines as stated on toledozoo.org/zoo-policies.
Artists will be responsible obtaining a vendors' licenses and State Tax ID#.
It is your responsibility to lawfully charge & report sales tax.
Applicants must create 100% of all work displayed and all pieces must be for sale.
All resale items will be removed.
Artists not complying with policies may be expelled from the festival and will be ineligible for future shows.
Vendor Space: All vendors will receive one 10’ x 10’ exterior booth space.
Cost is Toledo Zoo Members: $100 and Non-members: $120.
Vendor must provide own tent, tables, chairs and displays. Maps and booth assignments will be provided before set-up. Exact space locations will be determined by Zoo staff based on number of applicants and their mediums. Requests may not be honored.
Set Up Information: Available times: Thu – 6 – 9 p.m.; Fri 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sat – 7 – 9 a.m.; Sun – 7 -9 a.m. Electricity is available- please note need on application. Vendor must provide own heavy-duty outdoor extension cords. RAIN OR SHINE EVENT.
Vehicles are allowed to drive near the booth location, but all vehicles must be unloaded and then moved before set-up. Do not start to set-up any booth or art until your vehicle has been moved.
All vehicles must be off grounds before 10 a.m. each day, no vehicles are permitted on grounds during Zoo hours.
Tear down: Tear down cannot begin until 6 p.m. Sunday.
Admission: Artist and up to four employees/assistants will be admitted to the Zoo for FREE. Names and number of assistants will need to be provided to event organizers by July 24. All other guests will need to pay Zoo admission.
Parking: Vendors may park in the Anthony Wayne Trail lot FREE of charge up to 3 spaces. There will be signage and staff directing vendors to the correct parking area/entry points.
Insurance: All vendors are required to have and show proof of personal insurance. Toledo Zoo is not responsible or liable. Your completed application signifies that you and your employees/assistants waive all rights to make any claims against Toledo Zoo.
Security: The park entrance gates are locked at the end of business each day. The Zoo is under 24-hour on-site security and video surveillance. Please do not leave cash boxes or valuables in your booth overnight. Toledo Zoo is not responsible for any lost or stolen merchandise, displays or personal affects.
Concerns/Issues: Zoo personnel will be on hand to resolve issues during Wild about Art. The Zoo’s administration and business offices are open during Zoo hours of operation.
Hotels: Please visit https://www.toledozoo.org/hotel-partners for Toledo Zoo local hotel and resort partners.
• Artists are treated to free parking and Zoo admission.
• Free electricity, if requested.
• Air-conditioned artist lounge with complimentary water and lemonade.
• Volunteer booth sitters available up to 15 minutes.
• Booth sign identifying artist, category, city and state.
• Dinner prior to VIP party on Friday, if participating.
• On-grounds ATM.
• 24-hour security.
• Estimated over 10,000 Zoo visitors for the weekend.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW