APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Art Festival at Brookgreen Gardens 2017
Pawleys Island/Murrells Inlet, South Carolina (South)
Show Dates: 6/3/17 - 6/4/17
Application Deadline: 4/4/17 Midnight EST
9 day(s) and 2 hour(s) remaining
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Application Fee(non-refundable)): $30.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
You are invited to submit an application to be a part of the 17th Annual Art Festival at Brookgreen Gardens. The festival will be held June 3rd and 4th, 2017 at Brookgreen Gardens located between Pawleys Island and Murrells Inlet, South Carolina. This prestigious show has established a reputation for quality and diversity since its inception in 2001. The festival will take place on the grounds of one of the Grand Strand's most amazing venues, named in 2013 by Trip Advisor as one of the Top Ten Public Gardens in the United States based on traveler's reviews and opinions. Brookgreen Gardens has the largest collection of figurative sculpture in the United States showcasing more than 1400 sculptures in a beautiful outdoor setting. Booths are outdoors on grass and/or concrete.
Art Festival at Brookgreen Gardens 2017
June 3-4, 2017
9:30am - 4:00pm
Please read the following information carefully.
Keepsakes, the Brookgreen Shop, proudly presents the Art Festival at Brookgreen Gardens for 2017. This two day event showcases the fine craftsmanship and quality art being produced regionally and throughout the nation. In addition to the display and sale of arts, media demonstrations by artists are featured.
Named by Trip Advisor as One of the Top Ten Public Gardens in the U.S. and one of the Myrtle Beach area’s most dearly loved attractions, Brookgreen Gardens' combination of art, history, and zoo touches the heart and teaches the mind. Visited by more than 300,000 people annually, Brookgreen Gardens is one of the few places in the United states to have earned accreditation from the Alliance of American Museums and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums as well as being designated a National Historic Landmark and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Location: All artists' spaces are located outdoors in a beautiful garden setting. Brookgreen Gardens is located between Myrtle Beach and Pawleys Island, South Carolina, off US Highway 17 Bypass across from Huntington Beach State Park. The site offers a secure and visible location on a major thoroughfare connecting the Grand Strand to the Charleston market.
Security: Artists are responsible for proper insurance and protection of their artwork and property. Brookgreen Gardens is released from responsibility of any incidental damage to artwork due to tampering or theft. The gardens close to the public at 5 p.m. and will be locked at the end of each day; 24-hour security is provided.
Restrooms: Public restrooms are available.
Application Instructions: The 17th Annual Art Festival at Brookgreen Gardens is proud to join other major art festivals in ZAPP, an online digital application sytem, which allows artists to create a profile, upload images, and apply to multiple shows with the simple click of a button. Credit cards are accepted for all festival payments through ZAPPlication with the artist application. The festival will no longer accept paper applications.
Art Festival at Brookgreen Gardens
1. Only original works of art, made in the USA, by the approved artist are allowed.
This will be strictly enforced. Giclees of the artists' original work will be permitted if clearly identified as such and signed by the artist. No mass-produced artwork will be accepted. If you have questions whether any or all of your artwork meets these guidelines, please inquire well in advance of event.
2. Artists must be present with their artwork at the Art Festival.
Representatives may not attend in place of the artist.
3. Exhibitors may not put any tape, glue or nails into the walls, trees, or any other property of Brookgreen Gardens. The prominent display of sale signs, or the use of any signage pertaining to clearance or end-of show specials is prohibited.
4. Exhibitors may not distribute literature of, or promoting in any way, any religious, fraternal, political, or commercial organization. Literature pertaining to the artist's work is permitted.
5. The Festival will not be cancelled or postponed due to inclement weather if Brookgreen Gardens is open to the public on the dates of the event.
6. No pets ( except service animals) allowed and visitors may not leave pets in their cars.
7. No generators. A limited number of booths will have electricity available at an additional charge. Electricity must be requested at time of booth payment as we cannot accomodate requests at time of move-in.
8. In consideration of all our guests, please refrain from smoking during your visit. Thank you for your cooperation.
Brookgreen Gardens reserves the right to make adjustments to these guidelines and to make other decisions in order to ensure a successful event for its exhibitors.
Two types of booths are available this year.
1. "Premium" spaces are located near the Welcome Center and surrounding Keepsakes Gift Shop and most spaces are under cover. Booth sizes will range from 14 ft. wide by 8 ft. deep to 10 ft. by 10 ft. The "Premium" spaces are on concrete/brick; those spaces not under cover will require a tent. The booth fee is $195 for "Premium" spaces.
2. All other booths will be located in the garden in the Pavilion Lawn area. Thes spaces are mostly shaded by majestic Live Oak trees and are on grass/dirt. Booth sizes are approximately 10 ft. by 10 ft. with some irregularities due to landscape elements. A tent is required. The booth fee is $150.Booth spaces are located outdoors. A few spaces are located on hard surface (brick or concrete), some with cover and some without. The sizes of some of the hard surface spaces are square and others are rectangular. 10 x 10 tents are recommended in all outdoor areas that are not under cover.
Individual booth assignments are made to create an appealing mix of media. Assignments are at the sole discretion of the Art Festival at Brookgreen Gardens and the Festival Staff and are not interchangeable or transferable. All displays must present a professional appearance. There will be no table coverings supplied by Brookgreen Gardens. Up to 95 booths will be available. A limited number of booths will have electricity available for an extra fee.
Booth Set-up: Times will be scheduled BY APPOINTMENT for Friday, June 2nd and Saturday, June 3rd. The schedule will be made available for accepted artists. In some locations, artists will not have direct vehicle access to their space and move-in will require using a wagon or hand-truck from the Unloading Area.
Booth Break-Down: Exhibitors are not allowed to start break down of booths until end of event on Sunday, June 4, at 4:00 p.m. No vehicles will be allowed in the loading areas until 4:30 pm. The garden does not close until 5:00 pm and the safety of our guests is important.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW