APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Kentucky Guild of Artists and Craftsmen Fall Fair 2017
Historic Indian Fort
Berea, Kentucky (South)
Event Dates: 10/14/17 - 10/15/17
Application Deadline: 9/1/17 Midnight EST
130 day(s) and 7 hour(s) remaining
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $25.00
The Kentucky Guild of Artists and Craftsmen (KGAC) is located in Berea, officially recognized as the “Art and Craft Capital” of Kentucky. American Craft Week also named Berea, KY “America’s Number One Craft Town” by popular vote in 2016. Founded in 1961, KGAC is the oldest organization in Kentucky working to preserve and promote the rich heritage and exciting future of art and craft. Due to Berea’s reputation as the arts capital, and KGAC’s reputation as the state’s oldest continuing arts organization, visitors from across the country plan trips to our annual Fall Fair in order to purchase high quality artwork.
Our Fall Fair is an outdoor, two-day event you won't want to miss! Known for its high quality work in glass, painting, clay, jewelry, wood, and more, KGAC welcomes approximately 4,000 visitors to our Fall Fair each year. Set at the historic Indian Fort Theatre, fair-goers are delighted by the wooded scenery, live demonstrations, musical entertainment, and 150 friendly artists.
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
Accept applications: April 1, 2017
Application deadline: Sept. 1, 2017
Jury dates: Sept. 8 & 9, 2017
Notification of acceptance: Sept. 11, 2017
Accept invitation & purchase deadline: Sept 29, 2017
Wait List Released: October 1, 2017
Late applications maiy be accepted at the descretion of the President or Director and be included in the wait List.
Application fees are non-refundable
2-D Mixed Media: Includes more than one type of physical material such as collage, papermaking, encaustic, pen and ink, paint, pencil, watercolor, or photography. Finished art suitable for wall mounting.
3-D Mixed Media: Includes more than one type of physical material such as mosaic, papier mache, clay, fiber, glass, metal, wood or any other 3-dimesnional objects.
Ceramics: Original shaped and fired clay including earthenware, porcelain, and raku.
Digital Art: Two-dimensional works from which the original image is manipulated by the artist using a computer using programs such as Drawing, Illustrator, Paint or other software applications.
Drawing & Printmaking: Original drawings made with pen, pencil, charcoal, pastels or chalk. Printmaking process may include pulled plates, linoleum prints, etching, engraving, silkscreen or lithography. All prints must be signed and numbered by the artist. Photocopies are not permitted.
Fiber: Works created from fibers including basketry, batik, weaving, papermaking, knitting, and quilting. Embellishment of manufactured materials is not permitted.
Glass: An object made of glass including blown, fused, stained, cast and molded. Embellishment of manufactured materials is not permitted.
Handcraft: Handmade items made by the artist from manufactured, recycled, or repurposed materials transforming the combined materials into a unique product in a cohesive collection. Complete description of items required.
Jewelry: All Jewelry crafted from metal, glass, stone, clay, or other materials. Commercial molds or casts are not permitted. At least 50% of the organic materials in the finished product used must be produced by the artist.
Metal: Functional and non-sculptural works incorporating metal.
Painting: The use of oils, acrylics, watercolors, and tempera suitable for hanging.
Photography: Prints, transparencies or digital images made from the artist’s original negative or taken with a digital camera that have been processed by the artist.
Sculpture: Three-dimensional work done in any individual medium.
Wood: Original works in wood that are built, turned, carved or tooled. Embellished manufactured wood items are not permitted.
- T-shirts and commercial clothing
- Manufactured toys
- Commercially manufactured or reproduced items (resale)
- Jewelry made from more than 50% manufactured components
- Any item that employs the use of commercially available molds or patterns
ADVERTISING & PROMOTION
- KGAC employs professional marketing strategies including:
- PR and online media platforms
- Print and online media ads
- Radio and TV
- Banners, posters and yard signs
- Extensive business partner collaboration
- Social media
- Dedicated interactive website
- Direct mail
- 300+ online calendar entries
Free parking will be available at the event site.
A wait list will be maintained by catagory.
NO SHOW POLICY
Artists who have not checked-in and/or called the KGAC Festival Number by Saturday at 8:00 a.m. will be considered a “no-show.” No Show artists are not eligible for refunds. Assigned space(s) will be forfeited to a wait-list artist.
RAIN OR SHINE
There will be no “rain date” and fees will not be refunded in the case of inclement weather. The event will take place rain or shine.
Artists are responsible for collecting and reporting Sales Tax. A Sales Tax reporting documents is provided to participating artists at check-in at the event. The current Sales Tax rate for Kentucky 6%.
1. The Festival provides only the ground space for exhibits. Each Exhibitor must provide and prepare his/her own displays. All tents must be weighted.
2. Prior to the Festival, Exhibitors will be notified of their site location and detailed setup information. Plan to set up your booth on Friday before the Festival.
3. After unloading Exhibitor vehicles must be moved to designated parking. Vehicles will not be permitted to remain in the exhibition space during the Festival, nor may they enter the Festival grounds until approved by the Festival Committee.
4. Exhibitors shall be responsible for obtaining any required licenses, permits or approvals under state laws applicable to his/her activity at the Festival and for paying any taxes, sales taxes, fees or other charges that may be applicable to any Exhibitor's activity at the Festival.
5. The Festival is a rain or shine event. Cancellations must be made submitted in written form by mail or email before September 14, 2017. By mail: send to KGAC,116 N. Broadway
Berea, KY 40403. By email: to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be given for cancellations less than 30 days prior to the event date or for no-shows.
6. The Festival reserves the right to cancel an Exhibitor's contract. The Festival may require the Exhibitor to leave the Festival at any time if the Exhibitor is in violation of any rules and/or regulations stated herein.
7. Neither KGAC nor its agents or representatives will be responsible for any injury, damage, or loss that may occur to the Exhibitor, the Exhibitor's agents or representatives or his/her property from any cause whatsoever. Exhibitors should obtain, at their own expense, insurance against any loss, damage, or injury they may require.
8. All Artist Market merchandise must be original, handmade and created by the Exhibitor. Reproductions must be clearly identified as such. Original art must occupy at least 50% of the artist's space. Browse bins may occupy only minimal space and must be aesthetically pleasing and not obstruct patron flow. All artwork on display must be for sale.
9. Artists may only show work in categories approved by the Jury.
10. Artists must be present with their work for the duration of the Festival. No commercial agents, dealers or salespeople may operate an artist's booth.
Application fee: $25
Standard booth fee: $225
Double booth fee: $400 (limited availability)
Electricity: $25 (limited availability)
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW