ChamberSOUTH South Miami Art Festival 2017
South Miami, Florida (South)
Event Dates: 11/5/17 - 11/6/17
Application Deadline: 9/6/17 Midnight EST
135 day(s) and 7 hour(s) remaining
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application/Jury Fee): $25.00
The 46th Annual ChamberSOUTH South Miami Art Festival November 4th and 5th 2017, one of the premium fine art shows in the country, kicks off the art festival season in South Florida the first weekend in November, with over 100 artists from around the world, delicious international food and live musical entertainment for the whole family.
ChamberSOUTH invites you to apply to the 46th Annual ChamberSOUTH South Miami Art Festival, one of the premium fine art shows in the country! Art and culture lovers can enjoy this free festival taking place on historic Sunset Drive in the heart of South Miami (between US1 and Red Road) nestled between wide sidewalks, cafés, quaint shops and lush landscaping on Saturday and Sunday, November 4th and 5th, from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM Saturday and 10:00 AM to 5 PM Sunday
Produced by ChamberSOUTH, the 46th Annual ChamberSOUTH South Miami Art Festival is sponsored in part by presenting sponsor First National Bank of South Miami, and receives support from the Miami-Dade County Cultural Affairs Department, the City of South Miami and the Shops at Sunset Place.
Artists will be judged at the show and winners will be honored with cash prizes.
Saturday and Sunday, November 4-5th, 2017. The ChamberSOUTH South Miami Art Festival is an annual juried fine arts show - now in its 46th year - produced by ChamberSOUTH. The location of the festival is along SW 72nd Avenue (Sunset Drive) in downtown South Miami, Florida. South Miami is centered within ten minutes of the highest per capita income communities in the Southeastern United States.
The ChamberSOUTH South Miami Art Festival is well known in the region as one of the premium fine art shows in the country. This is a free, family friendly event and is open to the general public.
- Ceramics/Clay: Original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed, the artist must sign each piece. No machine-made or mass-produced work is permitted.
- Digital Art: Images made with the assistance of a computer. Computer graphics are often made with software called drawing, painting, illustrating and photographic programs or applications. All digital images printed must be signed and limited to a numbered edition of no more than 250. Exhibitor must disclose and display both their creative and printing processes in their booth during the Festival.
- Textiles: All work crafted from fibers, including basketry, embroidery, weaving, tapestry and papermaking. No machine-tooled, machine-screened patterns or miscellaneous forms of mass production are permitted. All factory-produced wearable items, regardless of additional modification or enhancement by the artists, are not accepted in this category.
- Glass: Glass works that are functional or decorative by design and are kilnformed or have been crafted by glass blowing, molding or casting. Works may be etched or engraved. No forms of mass production are permitted.
- Jewelry and Metalwork: Creating artwork through the forging, twisting and fabricating of various metals. All jewelry, whether produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials should apply in this category. No commercial casts, molds, or production studio work is allowed.
- Two-Dimensional Mixed Media: Works that incorporate more than one type of physical material in their production. Two-Dimensional Mixed Media should include more than one of the following: paint, pencil, watercolor, photography, printmaking or drawing.
- Three-Dimensional Mixed Media: Works that incorporate more than one type of physical material in their production. Three-Dimensional Mixed Media should include more than one of the following: Claywork, fiber, glass, metal, wood, or any other 3-D objects.
- Painting-Oil and Acrylic: Creation of a still life, portrait, landscape, abstract or other image on a flat surface, such as canvas, with oil and/or acrylic paint or sticks.
- Painting-Watercolor: Creation of a still life, portrait, landscape, abstract or other image on a flat surface with watercolors.
- Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist’s original negative that have been processed either by the artist or under his/her direct supervision. All images printed must be signed and limited to a 250 numbered edition. Exhibitor must disclose and display both their creative and printing processes during the Festival.
- Printmaking and Drawing: Works created using dry media including chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencil, wax crayons, etc., or from a fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush. Printed works for which the artists hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category. Printmakers are required to disclose both their creative and printmaking processes.
- Sculpture: Three dimensional work done in any medium.
- Wood: Original works that are hand tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved. Embellished or painted, store-bought furniture is not accepted.
- NEW CATEGORY! Family Craft: Original works created entirely by the artist specifically for children and/or families. Fun and creative pieces to contribute to the overall family atmosphere. This category will not be including in the judging process.
In each category with 5 or more participating artists:
In each category with 10 or more participating artists:
- Second Prize $200.00
- Third Prize $100.00
In addition to cash and ribbons, all award recipients will be honored with non-juried invitations to next year’s show. If fewer than 5 in one category, one "best of" in that category will receive a ribbon and $200.
A completed application is a contract to exhibit in the ChamberSOUTH South Miami Art Festival. You may withdraw your application prior to the jury start date 8/15/2017. At this time the jury fee will be returned. After 8/15/2017 there will be no refunds. Artists may enter in multiple categories for jurying but will be accepted in only one category. Artists working together may apply as one if they collaborate on every piece. If accepted, they may exhibit only pieces which are collaborations. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Applications must be made no later than August 8th, 2017.
Jury Fee $25.00 per application, per category (non-refundable after 8/08/2017). Payments must be made separately. Payment accepted via credit card, PayPal or check. Checks made payable to Chamber South, 6410 SW 80th Street, South Miami, FL 33143. Deposited checks returned by the bank will void entry into the jury.
The jury will review all five images beginning 8/15/2017. Applicants will be sent notification on their status by 8/22/2017. Artists may be selected as alternates and will be placed on a waiting list. Alternates will be sent notification on their status by 9/07/2017.
Artists are invited to submit images that they would like to be considered for the festival’s official poster. If interested, please check the appropriate box on the application. Application must be received by 8/08/2017 to be considered.
ELIGIBILITY/RULES FOR ENTRY
- A completed application.
- A non-refundable jury fee for each application.
- Applications will not be accepted from galleries/re-sellers, only directly from the artists.
- You must submit five digital images (four of your artwork and one of your booth display).
REPRODUCTIONS “CAFÉ RULES”
Reproductions of an artist’s one-of-a-kind original paintings, drawings, collages or mixed media may be exhibited subject to the following conditions:
- All reproductions must be signed and numbered.
- All reproductions whether framed or unframed, must be clearly and individually labeled “reproduction” or “limited edition”.
- All unframed reproductions may be displayed in browse bins.
- Framed reproductions may be displayed or hung on one wall of the booth, not to exceed ten (10) linear feet.
Standard Space $325, Corner Space $375, Standard Double $650, Corner Double $700, End Cap (Double) $750. (All include Taxes.) Booth fees to be paid upon acceptance of invitation to participate. All booth fees should be received no later than 9/16/2017 in order to confirm participation (Alternates: fees should be received no later than 9/16/2017). Your space is reserved when your payment clears. Accepted artists that have paid for their booth space and are unable to attend should inform Chamber South in writing of their cancellation no later than 9/23/2017. Payment accepted via credit card, PayPal or check. Checks made payable to Chamber South, 6410 SW 80th Street, South Miami, FL 33143. Deposited checks returned by the bank will void entry into the show. This is a rain or shine event; no refunds will be issued due to weather.
- Artist must be present in the booth for the length of the show, Saturday, November 4th, and Sunday, November 5th. The show hours are 10:00 am - 6:00 pm on Saturday, November 4th, and 10:00 am - 5:00 pm on Sunday, November 5th. Booth sitters are available by request for 15-30 minutes.
- No booth sharing is permitted. Assistants and/or partners may accompany the artist, but commercial agents, representatives, dealers, hired sales people or relatives cannot replace the artist.
- WE DO NOT SUPPLY TENTS. Each artist is responsible for providing a display unit that is weighted and is suitable for outdoor use on a paved surface and able to withstand many types of weather conditions and crowds. Set up is on Saturday, November 4th, 2017 at 5:00 am. No spikes, stakes, or nails may be driven into the asphalt.
- Exhibit spaces measure 10’ by 10’ (double spaces are 10' x 20'). All artwork must be displayed inside the booth space. No seating is allowed in the pedestrian walkway. No generators allowed. The festival does not provide electricity.
- Each artist sells directly to the public and must individually comply with and is responsible for collection of 7% Florida Sales Tax.